The COR-SKILLS course will start 1.07. 2017 and will end 15.10.2017!
Who can participate to COR-SKILLS on line course?
The course addresses to medical professionals that are interested in gaining knowledge in the field:
- Specialists/ Resident in orthopedics and traumatology
- Specialist/Resident in physical and rehabilitation medicine
...in Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey.
What is the purpose of COR-SKILLS course?
- To improve basic skills in the field of orthopedy and rehabilitation (assesment, decision, treatment protocols in different pathologies)
- To develop new skills - computerized gait analysis
What are you going to find on COR-SKILLS e-learning platform?
The main goal of the e-learning platform is to give students the possibility to follow training materials, evaluate knowledge and communicate with all involved parties. The content will include case studies and video images.
The platform includes 30 explained case studies for lower limb orthopedic surgery and 30 explained case studies for lower limb rehabilitation.
The case studies are in the form of full reports on patients in orthopedic/rehabilitation department (medical history, clinical signs, paraclinical evaluations), associated with one or more visual content objects (i.e. 2D, 3D images as acquisition outputs of Ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Tomography), starting with preoperative radiological images, description of surgery, and the outcome of the procedure (postoperative and further follow-up X-rays, MRIs, physical findings. Some cases will include gait assessment and related data: plantar pressure graphs and numerical data. The system will provide a feedback by showing students the correct diagnosis and how to arrive at it with minimal cost by detailed explanations for the right and wrong answers.
- The platform includes 12 videos for orthopedic surgery and 12 videos for rehab procedures, directly linked to the standard procedures included into the guidelines.The videos are composed of a full surgical case operation and/or correspondent rehabilitation procedures. The raw footage is obtained by recording the surgery and or rehabilitation procedures from the beginning to the end.
Is assessment of gained knowledge forseen? How will assessment be carried on?
Assesment will take place on line, based on an assessment package (multichoice quiz and case studies), for all registred users that participated to the course.
Is certification provided at the end of the course?
Certification will be available only for trainees that passed the evaluation and will be mainly in the form of CME credits. Please consult your country coordinator for more informations.
Is there a timetable for the course?
- The course is on line. The e-learning platform is active from 1.07.2017 till 15.10.2017. Each participant can tailor the learning pathway according to its job profile, work experience, competencies, and skills. Each one can choose how much time he/she needs to spend for each case study, the order of delivery and the number of quiz attempts.
- You can follow all materials any time, but on line evaluation will be anounced on the platform and kept on certain dates!
What is the fee for this course?
The course is free of charge.