Multi-profile Hospital for Active Treatment "St. Anna" - Sofia was founded on 01/05/1879. It is one of the first
seven hospitals found in Bulgaria after the liberation from Ottoman rule. The hospital is the successor to United
Regional Hospital "Dr. Racho Angelov" and the Institute for the treatment of foreign nationals which are united in
2000 under the name University Hospital for Active Treatment "St. Anna" Sofia AD.
The hospital is located in the eastern district of the capital of Bulgaria - Sofia. It has 440 hospital beds. It
employs 1054 staff. Of these, 281 are doctors, 19 people have higher non-medical educations - engineers, economists,
biochemists, etc., specialist health care (nurses, midwives, laboratory technicians, therapists, etc.) 515 people,
orderlies and other staff - 258 people.
The hospital performs diagnosis and treatment of diseases of all profiles of medical specialties, treating
emergencies and highly specialized research and advice to patients from other hospitals.
The hospital is one of the leading centers in cardiology and cardiac surgery and offers medical diagnostic
laboratories and blood center. The stationary block includes clinics and departments of obstetrics and gynecology;
all profiles of Internal Medicine (Pulmonology, Cardiology, Nephrology and Dialysis, hematology, endocrinology,
gastroenterology); cardiac surgery; Invasive Cardiology; General and Endoscopic Surgery; anesthesiology and
resuscitation; Orthopedics and Traumatology; Maxillofacial Surgery and Otolaryngology; urology; ophthalmology;
neurology; neurosurgery; pediatrics and infectious diseases.